Monday, September 27, 2010

A few things I've been doing lately


After starting this work over a month ago, I finally cut the last of it off the loom on Friday. Sometimes it takes a lot of patience to get through weaving something when you run into problems from the very beginning, including having to re-thread sixteen shafts. It will eventually be made into a pillow. I can't wait to get started on weaving new things.

Some new ink drawings I'm working on for jacquard designs but I think they are a little too complicated and might work better as digital prints on silk or perhaps even embroidered. I only wish I had the patience for that sort of complex hand work on fabric and the time to learn a new skill. Then again, there is always next year. I can only draw a few of these before my hand cramps up and refuses to draw the semi straight lines.

No comments: