Thursday, February 3, 2011

Simple pleasures

I've spent the morning watching the news and I feel so thankful that I have food in the garden and family and friends that are healthy and happy. Yesterday's heat has all but gone this morning so I'm going to make the most of it. Today I'll be finishing off some hand made presents for friends as well as testing a cake for another's wedding. Called a devil's food layer cake, I'm imagining it will be similar in crumb to a genoise base, layered with caramel and chocolate ganache, then covered in a fine layer of cake crumbs. I haven't yet decided if the crumbs are too fussy, in which case, the ganache will do the honours. Topped with some fresh flowers, I think it will make a simple but beautiful wedding cake that is hopefully as delicious as it looks.

No comments: