Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oranges and Lemons

The trees are full of ripe oranges and lemons. Once seeing them, all I could think of was cake. I had one of those internal fights with myself. While my head was saying 'no baking', I couldn't help but ignore it. After a quick scan of my cookbooks I settled on a Ottolenghi recipe. Orange, lemon and polenta cake for which I substituted semolina. It looks rather pretty once turned out onto a plate, with rounds of caramelised orange slices now sitting on top. All it needs is a light glaze with some apricot jam and a cup of tea. Again, no photographs, you're going to have to use your imagination on this one, and I might have to mark a little more work to deserve a slice. Right now, I'm so thankful it's a long weekend. Back to work for me.   
 

No comments: